Showswatch respects your privacy. Your trust is important to us and we are committed to providing you with meaningful choices with respect to the information we collect from or about you. Beginning January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) provides California residents with certain rights with respect to their personal information, including the right to opt out of certain disclosures of personal information as explained below.
- Under the CCPA, you have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information. We provide this right, subject to a verifiable consumer request, to account holders regarding personal information collected by us in connection with your account, including any profiles. To exercise this right, log into your account on the Showswatch website, go to “Privacy and Settings” in your account settings, click on “California Privacy Rights”, and follow the instructions under “Right to Opt-Out”. You will be required to verify your request via your Showswatch account credentials and/or by other means.
- You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
- If you are not a registered user of the Showswatch services, we have limited information about you and do not “sell” your information as described above. However, you have choices regarding how third parties may collect and use data about you from the Showswatch services as described below.
- Please note that this opt-out will apply on a going-forward basis with respect to our disclosure of information. Even if you opt-out, you will continue to receive ads on Showswatch, which may not be as tailored to your interests.
In addition to providing you the ability to opt out of the “sale” of your personal information under CCPA as described above, you have additional controls and choices with respect to the collection and use of your information by third parties:
- Some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on the Showswatch services in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising and/or may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To make choices about the use of information from or about you for online behavioral or interest-based advertising on websites (desktop and mobile browsers), please visit the DAA and the NAI. You may also use the opt-out mechanism in the “About Ads” link at the bottom of the Showswatch website.
- To make choices about online behavioral or interest-based advertising within mobile applications, you can download the DAA’s AppChoices application from your mobile device at www.aboutads.info/appchoices or from your device’s app store.
If you have any questions regarding Showswatch’s data sharing practices, please feel free to email us at [email protected].